I started another project today. I’ve had a mobile home that has set empty for several months. The last renter didn’t report water damage to the floors, and they got soft and weak. Then she moved out, citing the house in poor condition. I just haven’t felt like repairing the floors, and didn’t want to spend the money to have it done. Meanwhile, it has been difficult to meet payments on our mortgage on our ministry property. The idea occurred to me that I could fix the house, rent it out, and put the money on the mortgage on the ministry. One of the directors who is handy with repairs agreed to help me and keep the maintenance up in the future. Problem solved. The ministry is more self-sufficient now.
We started on the floor in front of the door. Thankfully, I have battery-pack tools, so we didn’t have to run long extension cords (or turn the electricity back on). When we finish the floors, we will wallpaper the kitchen, and clean thoroughly, including shampooing the carpets. I’m so glad I originally got expensive carpet, because I have had it shampooed several times and it looks good.
There are so many things to do, and we’re not as young as we once were. There was a lot of groaning, sweating and taking short rests going on. The cats had to come supervise and investigate the new house.
This past week some very emotional things have happened, and I have been trying to keep focused and let God carry me in His strength. It is good to keep busy. Perhaps I will share later on when I am at peace. It is illusive right now.